A bang-on read from Jessica Stillman, on the triumphs and struggles associated with hiring the smartest employees that you can get your hands on.
- Fly your own flag and be confident enough of your tune, to toot your own horn
- Ask, ask, ask questions – chances are good they know the answer
- Set the pace (pssst… one that you are comfortable with)
- Keep perspective – working with the alternative is considerably less enticing
- Accept the things you cannot change, have the courage to change the things you can and the wisdom to know the difference
- Become immersed with your peers – look at/listen to/read everything you can get your hands on to better identify with their headspace
- Don’t compete – contemplate
Read the complete story over at Inc.